Botox Injection Richmond
Botox Cosmetic® is the most commonly performed cosmetic procedure in the United States and Dr. Ferland’s most common procedure at Ferland Plastic Surgery. Dr. Ferland has provided Botulinum A Exotoxin (Botox®) to her patients since 1995. For optimal care and results Dr. Ferland does all her patients’ injections herself.
Botox® is available at Ferland Plastic Surgery every day of the week. We strive to make your Botox® appointment go smoothly and quickly. Because of this, last minute appointments for Botox® can be made and we will do our very best to accommodate you.
Common Cosmetic Treatments Using Botox®
Cosmetic use of Botox® started once it was seen that treating the glabellar muscles (depressor muscles) would result in the eyes having a more open, lifted and youthful look.
Botox® has been found to treat:
- horizontal forehead lines
- crows feet
- mid face over active zygomaiticus major, risorius, and masseter muscles
- vertical lines of the lip (orbicularis oris)
- the corners of the mouth frown (depressor anguli oris)
- in the mentalis(chin) to treat the crinkling chin
- the vertical platysmal bands in the neck
Botox® treatments are a relatively quick and simple procedure. Each injection takes only seconds, and discomfort is minimal. Occasionally, you may experience minor bruising or a slight headache, but you can resume your normal daily activities that day.
See our Botox® before and after photos.